I am a Minneapolis based visual artist who creates representational pen and watercolor drawings. My practice considers spatial place, time and subjectivity through portraiture, mapping and urban roaming. My figurative works on paper often feature collage elements.
I received my MFA in Printmaking from Edinburgh College of Art (2011) and my BFA in Expanded Media from the University of Kansas (2008). My work has been exhibited both nationally and internationally.
I have completed artist residencies at the following institutions:
- Banfill-Locke Center for the Arts (Fridley, MN)
- Minnesota Center for Book Arts (Minneapolis, MN)
- Highpoint Center for Printmaking (Minneapolis, MN)
- Stencil Printing Associate for Realizing Excellence (S.P.A.R.E., Chicago, IL)
- Frans Masereel Centre (Kasterlee, Belgium)
I serve as founder and senior member of the Minneapolis Plein Air Coterie (M-PAC), a local plein-air drawing group which meets every other Sunday.
In addition to the above, I am an active member of Prospect Park Community Gardens, an occasional puppeteer/performer, and an avid swimmer.
Feel free to contact me via my email at email@example.com